Saturday, June 16, 2007

For the Record

Friday evening I attended the Episcopal ordination of Bishops Peter Elliot and Timothy Costelloe SDB in St. Patrick's Cathedral. They were both my professors in Theology. Together with Cardinals, bishops, priests and lay people from all over Australia, I feel privelege to witness on this feast of the Sacred Heart as Bishops Peter and Tim are ordained as sucessors of the apotles to serve in the people of God in the Archdiocese Melbourne.
.
As I looked around and saw the great number of priests present I realised I'm the youngest cleric at the moment in the Archdiocese or probably in Victoria and Tasmania. Being the youngest priest doesn't necessarily mean I am the holiest among all but honestly, (sadly, I mean it) speaking I am sure it's the other way around... So I'd like to consecrate myself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which overflows with love, forgiveness and mercy.



A Solemn Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to Thee I consecrate and offer up my person and my life, my actions, trials, and sufferings, that my entire being may henceforth only be employed in loving, honoring and glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable will, to belong entirely to Thee, and to do all for Thy love, renouncing with my whole heart all that can displease Thee.

No comments: