Monday, June 19, 2006

Jesus My Lord, My God, My All

Today is the feast day of the Body and Blood of Jesus also known as Corpus Christi Sunday. This song is an old traditional Catholic hym which expresses deepest sentiments, love, reverence and devotion to the Body of Christ really present in the most Blessed Sacrament.


Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all!
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wondrous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought?

Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore!
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.

Had I but Mary's sinless heart
With which to love Thee, dearest King,
Oh, with what ever fervent praise,
Thy goodness, Jesus, would I sing!

Thy Body, Soul and Godhead, all!
O mystery of love divine!
I cannot compass all I have,
For all Thou hast and art is mine!

Sound, then, His praises higher still,
And come, ye angels, to our aid;
For this is God, the very God
Who hath both men and angels made!

No comments: