Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Australia Day!




"I suppose I am the only one present here today who is not an Australian citizen. However I have been in Australia for six years now and I have been always grateful and I feel blessed living in this beautiful country 'down under.'










Although I am not an Australian citizen, Australia is now my adapted country or I should say Australia has adapted me.












So I am speaking today with same sense of gratitude and joy of a fair dinkum Aussie as we celebrate together Australia Day this year 2007.







Today, we come together as a nation to celebrate what's great about Australia, being Australian, and being in Australia (as in my case). It's the day to reflect on what we have achieved and what we can be proud of in our great nation. It's the day for us to re-commit to making Australia an even better place for the future...

...As we celebrate Australia Day with great sense of gratitude, let us pray that our homeland Australia may be transformed by the message of the Gospel and truly become a Christian nation."
----
Excerpt from my homily today
Mabuhay ang Australia! Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

No comments: